As of January 1, 2020, due to organizational changes in the structure of WMI UAM, the Optimization and Control Theory Department was disbanded.
Welcome to the home page of the Optimization and Control Theory Department of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań.
The staff of the Department conduct research in selected problems of two domains: convex and nonlinear analysis. In particular, algebraic, analytic, geometrical and topological properties of pairs of closed convex sets are investigated, among others:
- translation property,
- shadowing of sets,
- Sallee sets,
- minimal pairs,
- Minkowski-Radström-Hörmander space with applications, and
- quasidifferential calculus
are recurrent topics.
Another direction of research is nonlinear analysis. Among the topics discussed are:
- differential and integral equations (in particular, Hammerstein, Volterra and fractional order equations; existence and uniqueness of solutions in various classes of functions, like almost periodic functions of different types or functions of bounded variation, also of different types; topological properties of solution sets, in particular Aronszajn type theorems);
- single- and multivalued fixed point theorems;
- selected topics between analysis and general topology (among others, hyperconvex spaces, R-trees, measures of noncompactness);
- some problems from operator theory (in particular, the superposition operator).