Welcome to the home page of the Optimization and Control Theory Department of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań.
The staff of the Department conduct research in selected problems of two domains: convex and nonlinear analysis. In particular, algebraic, analytic, geometrical and topological properties of pairs of closed convex sets are investigated, among others:
- translation property,
- shadowing of sets,
- Sallee sets,
- minimal pairs,
- Minkowski-Radström-Hörmander space with applications, and
- quasidifferential calculus
are recurrent topics.
Another direction of research is nonlinear analysis. Among the topics discussed are:
- differential and integral equations (in particular, Hammerstein, Volterra and fractional order equations; existence and uniqueness of solutions in various classes of functions, like almost periodic functions of different types or functions of bounded variation, also of different types; topological properties of solution sets, in particular Aronszajn type theorems);
- single- and multivalued fixed point theorems;
- selected topics between analysis and general topology (among others, hyperconvex spaces, R-trees, measures of noncompactness);
- some problems from operator theory (in particular, the superposition operator).
On the 26th of November 2013 the General Assembly of the Poznań Branch of the Polish Mathematical Society elected new authorities. Prof. UAM Dariusz Bugajewski was chosen president and dr Piotr Kasprzak was chosen the president's secretary. Congratulations!
Prof. UAM dr hab. Dariusz Bugajewski and mgr Adam Nawrocki took part in the Analysis and Topology Conference, organised on the occasion of the 80th birthday of prof. Kazimierz Gęba, 2-6 September, Gdynia, Poland.
Prof. UAM dr hab. Dariusz Bugajewski delivered a lecture entitled "Nonlinear superposition operators in the space of functions of bounded variation in the sense of Jordan".
Mgr Adam Nawrocki delivered a lecture entitled "On some properties of -almost periodic functions".
Dr Daria Bugajewska and dr Piotr Kasprzak took part in the Conference on Non-integer Order Calculus, 3-5 July 2013, Cracow, Poland.